Contact an Inmate
Inmates rely heavily on contact with family and friends while in custody. Family and friends may visit an inmate through our video services, call an inmate, or mail an inmate in custody at Canadian County Sheriff's Office.
Visitation privileges are available to all inmates. Visitation privileges may be restricted due to the misbehavior of the inmate or visitor or for the security of the jail.
Remote visitation is not allowed during the following hours
11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
5:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
10:00 p.m. to 7:00 a.m.
Remote Video Visitation
Inmates currently have the ability to connect with family and friends through online visitation. Family and friends may go to https://www.prodigysales.com to create an account to receive video visitation calls from an inmate. Assistance may be obtained by calling Prodigy Customer Support at (866) 700-4545.
Visitors must be at least 18 years of age or have their parent or legal guardian present.
Visitors must comply with the visitors dress code which will be as follows:
- No mini-skirts.
- No halter tops.
- No short shorts.
- No see through clothing.
- No swim wear.
Persons violating this dress code will not be allowed to visit. Inappropriate activity sexual or criminal in nature will result in termination of remote visitation, and the visitor may be banned from future visits.
Persons who have been incarcerated in this jail will not be allowed to visit any inmate for a period of six months after their release date.
The Jail Administrator may grant a one-time special visit for family members driving from out of state. The out-of-state family members must contact the Jail Administrator during regular business hours Monday through Friday and give at least 24-hour notice of the intent to visit. Exceptions may be made upon request and authorization of the Jail Administrator or his designee.
To expedite attorney-client visitation and prevent disruption to the jail operations, advance scheduling is required. The attorney of record may call Judicial Services at least 24 hours in advance at (405) 295-6216 or (405) 434-2829 for scheduling.
Visits will not be conducted during shift change, meal times, or between the hours of 7:00 p.m. and 7:00 a.m. Exceptions may be considered in exigent circumstances, with approval by the jail Administrator or Deputy Administrator.
- The recognized attorney of record must provide photo identification and an Oklahoma Bar Association membership card prior to meeting with their client.
- The attorney may allow paralegals, investigators, law students, out-of-state attorneys, or expert witnesses visit on the attorney’s behalf. A letter on the attorney’s letterhead stating the representative is working for the attorney on the case involving the inmate who is also the attorney’s client.
- Attorney visits may be barrier free, contact visits that shall not be audio recorded or occur in a location where the conversations between the inmate, attorney, paralegal, law student, investigator or expert can be overheard by staff.
- Although attorney visits may be visually observed by staff, via close circuit security cameras, for the overall jail security, normally no direct monitoring of visits between inmates and their attorneys shall occur unless determined by the jail Administrator.
- An attorney may be restricted from barrier-free contact visits if the jail’s administration can show cause of action due to security threats or violation of posted jail rules and regulations.
- To ensure safety and security of the jail, attorneys and their representatives may be required to submit to reasonable search processes and inspection of briefcases and bags.
Prohibited items include:
- Cell phones, or other electronic/Bluetooth enabled communication devices, to include laptops
- Cell phone chargers
- Knives, or items
- Firearms and ammunition
- Tobacco products
Inmate Mail Policy
The jail accepts written correspondence to inmates. All incoming envelopes must have the following information:
Canadian County jail
Inmate’s name and PID number
304 N. Evans
El Reno, Oklahoma 73036
The following items are NOT allowed.
- Paper clips
- No more than 3 (three) photos per envelope
- Stamped envelopes
- Blank envelopes
- Blank paper
- Laminated plastic
- Musical cards
- Newspaper/magazine clippings
- Cards larger than 8" x 11"
- No photographs larger than 4" x 6" and may not contain any alcoholic beverages, nudity, weapons or tobacco, or any illegal activity, Polaroid pictures, any other item larger than 8 ½" x 14"
- Anything from the Internet
- Only single ply greeting cards
The sender must sign their letter and the signature must match the sender.
Each adult must mail his or her own letter in a separate envelope.
Funds sent, other than the allowable checks from other Law Enforcement Agencies will not be accepted.
Any material which may disrupt the operation and/or safety and security of the facility.
Persons who have been incarcerated in this jail will not be allowed to correspond with any inmate for a period of six months after their release date. If you wish to correspond with currently incarcerated inmates it must be approved by the jail Administrator.
The jail now has coordinated with Prodigy Correctional Services the electronic delivery of mail to inmates. All mail will be accessed for viewing through the Prodigy kiosk in a similar manner distributed by the previous vendor. Exceptions include legal mail, special purpose mail as deemed permissible and allowed publications. The policy surrounding content of acceptable mail remains in effect and subject to rejection if violations occur. Violations criminal in nature, will be referred to the U.S. Postal Inspector and/or Canadian County District Attorney's Office for prosecution. Original copies of mail and photos will not be returned to the sender and handled in accordance with policy.
Inmates are allowed to receive two (2) paper back books each month, delivered directly from a reputable online book distributor. Note: excess or unallowable items will be returned to sender when possible. Amazon does have a return policy now that the jail cannot comply with, and excess or unallowable items delivered by Amazon will be discarded.
INCOMING MAIL CONTAINING ANY OF THE ABOVE LISTED ITEMS WILL BE RETURNED TO THE SENDER.